Thursday, April 13, 2017

A New Song

Spring is off to a very slow start (again), even for Northern Indiana.

This past Monday morning I began to notice the birds vocalizing with a frenzy that produced a cacophony to the human ear.  I thought it was curious given the wind, rain, and biting cold that has once again defined our Spring.  But there they were, intent on doing what birds do; they sang, I groused (pun intended).

Their internal calendar informs the birds "it's Spring." They sing with confidence because they know, intuitively, that regardless of what the weather may be like today, it's Spring, and it's going to feel like Spring sooner than later.

It occurred to me this morning, off to another blustery start, as I listened to them sing outside my window, I can do that too.  I know my life is "hidden with Christ in God," and even though it may not feel like that today, it will again, sooner than later.

Colossians 3.2-4 "Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. 3 For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory."

Wow!  He put a new song in my heart.  "Its Friday, but Sunday's comin'."


So...sing.  Life is fast.



Live it well...bN M6.8


bN tGit

No comments: