Thursday, April 18, 2013

If birds can sing...

Spring is off to a very slow start, even for Northern Indiana.

Last Saturday morning I was spreading mulch in the beds around our office building.  I began to notice the birds vocalizing--a song to the human ear.  I thought it was curious given the wind, rain, sleet then snow we encountered that morning.  But there they were, intent on doing what birds do.  They sang, I groused (pun intended).

Their internal calendar told the birds "it's Spring."  They sing with confidence because they know, intuitively, that regardless of what the weather may be like today, it's Spring, and it's going to feel like Spring sooner than later. 

It occurred to me this morning, off to another blustery start, as I listened to them sing outside my window, I can do that too.  I know my life is "hidden with Christ in God," and even though it doesn't feel like that today, it will, sooner than later.

Colossians 3.2-4 "Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. 3 For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory."

He put a new song in my heart.  Sing.   bN

No comments: