Friday, July 16, 2010

On the road again...

On the road, headed to KS...500 miles today, most of it off the beaten path, avoided the interstate where I could; wanted to get close to the land, the water and communities like...Watseka, Vandalia, Mexico, Blowing Green, Lee's Summit and Humansville..."2 lanes only" kind of trip.  I love my country.  So diverse...so independent but interdependent too...what a place.


As dusk gave way to darkness I came around a curve; there before me was the Mississippi. It startled me--so close I could see steam coming off the backwater.  What a beautiful sight-the bright dusk sky reflecting off the river--a barge making it's up down to St. Louis. The best part: an instant before I navigated the curve, my Bluetooth beeped and Laura was on the phone with me.


We shared that moment together. I'm blessed.

No comments: